To all of our Jennie Kay a Beauty Parlour fans, brides & blog readers — Happy New Year!
A new year is the perfect time to try new things, to laugh more, to be kinder to everyone you meet, and to become a healthier and smarter version of yourself.
Here are some of our tips to starting this new year off right, beginning with yourself:
*APPRECIATE & Drink LOTS of water: We don’t appreciate water nearly as much as we should ; drink it throughout your day. Water is an essential part of maintaining a healthy body and mind. It cleanses and detoxes your organs, aids in a flawless complexion, and keeps you alive.
* EAT HEALTHY: Stay away from processed foods and beverages. As much as they taste delicious, your body will hate you for it later. Natural foods free of processing and preservatives keep your system running smoothly. Sure, we all cheat from time to time, but try to make healthy eating a lifestyle.
* Need a little change? Try a new HAIR CUT or COLOR: You wouldn’t believe the difference a little change in your haircut and color can have on your mood. Add some highlights to frame and lighten your face, make your eyes pop and your skin sparkle.
* FEEL BEAUTIFUL: Treat yourself to a facial or massage to start off 2013 feeling your best. There are great places on the island to visit for these treats: The Apothecary Newport, The Hotel Viking, SPAVANA to name a few.
* Changing Jobs? Have a big interview?: Treat yourself to a new outfit, one that makes you feel and look your best. Even a new necklace or pair of shoes can change your entire mood when going into an important meeting or interview; you will ooze confidence.
* WORKOUT: You don’t need to become a gym rat. Fitting in 20 minutes of cardio or upping the amount of movement you do in a typical day can change the way you look and feel. Buy a new pair of exercise pants, or new sneakers to up your motivation. Changing your routine the slightest bit can do wonders. Check out this post by Melissa Gardner on how to make time to exercise, even just a little!
Don’t set unrealistic goals.
Take one day at a time, appreciate all that you have.
Look at things through someone elses’ eyes.
& Don’t strive for perfection, strive to do better.
We hope that 2013 brings nothing but peace, success, happiness and of course beauty to all!
To our 2013 Brides: We wish you love & happiness, we can’t wait to work with you on your special day!
Happy New Year!
the Jennie Kay Beauty Team